A New Beginning

I have always had what I call a very "plastic" brain; by that I mean a mind that slips easily between paradigms of thinking. I begin to see through the filter of those other ways very quickly without losing my ability to relate to my prior position. I think this natural flexibility of belief this is the true definition of what Shamans call "walking in different worlds" and is what caused me to gravitate towards the study of shamanism in the first place.
I still call myself a Shaman, because I see the term as the closest definition to what I have become, but recently, a series of personal changes (and choices) has left me at a bit of a loss in terms of a defining paradigm. Contrary to what you might think, and indeed contrary to how I would have thought about it before, I'm finding that it's just fine with me! I do not mourn the end of an "identity", I celebrate the integration of my many facets into a more complete and effective Human Being.
I'm still writing stories, with plans to publish them in E-book form in the near future, but you will find other information here too. I believe that those who need to find this information will find it. I hope that something about my own personal journey speaks to you, and helps you to unravel some of the mystery of your own Life.
Thank you for reading!
-Grace

(just a reminder, all material and stories are copyrighted)

Monday, January 30, 2012

Labels Are Limits

Some time ago, a friend of mine told me that the Priestess of his Wiccan Circle had confided in him that she was an Agnostic. Then she said to him "Now, tell me where the power is in that."

An answer sprung to my mind instantly and involves the following;

One of the 7 basic principles of Huna (the Shamanic tradition in which I was trained)  states "There Are No Limits", meaning that the only true limits that exist are the ones we put in place for ourselves. Another states that "The World is What You Think it is" meaning that we create our experience of reality from our own thoughts.  More recent information, coming from the field of Quantum physics indicates that the basic components of matter (as we currently are able to define them) respond to human thought.  
It is our vibration which determines what we see, experience and attract to us- and having a definition of a thing within that vibration influences that thing to conform to a certain framework.

The word "Agnostic" was coined by the 19th-Century British scientist Thomas H. Huxley. He made up the word from the prefix a-, meaning "without" or "not", and the noun "Gnostic" which comes from the Greek "gnosis" meaning "knowledge" in the esoteric and spiritual sense.
Huxley was often labeled by outsiders as a "Gnostic", a group of his fellow contemporaries, or "intellectualists" as he called them, who had eagerly embraced various doctrines or theories that explained the world to their satisfaction. But Huxley considered himself to be "...a man without a rag of a label to cover himself with.."
Although Huxley believed that what was "truth" was manifested in the physical world, he would not adhere to any one specific theory or philosophy about things unseen.
The Shamanic Traditions believed that we do create what is our truth in the physical world every day. But in resisting any particular philosophy or dogma we keep the possibilities open.  
That is the key...
By refusing to "label" himself--i.e. take up an association of belief to the exclusion of all others--he was also not excluding possibilities.
To project this a bit further, we could say that he believed that anything might be possible.

My friend's Priestess, by considering herself Agnostic, was also functioning in the belief that anything is possible--and going back to Reality Theory, and "The World is What You Think it is" we know that to believe something is possible, is all that is needed to make it possible.
That is the essence of true magic, this is the true meaning of power.
My friend's Priestess was indeed very wise. 

No comments: